6/08/2005

ABOUT ..ME..

'No matter how large the world may seem,we are never too small to make a difference ' .............This is one of my guiding philosophy.Im Eden Silverio Sanchez.EDEN as fondly called by my friends and the first in the brood of 3.My parents are MR. and MRS.Nestor Wania Silverio.I have one brother, JOEL and a Lovely sister LEAH.Born on March 28 1973,im an arean girl.(aries)I can say that everybody can easily get along with me.Im a friendly person.My favorites includes reading, watching tv and films. going out with friends be it in the philippines or here abroad,and most of all i love singing the most.

Im a nursing graduate,from THE GOOD SAMARITAN COLLAGE in the philippines who eventually landed a job in the pharmaceutical industry just a month after my graduation.I worked with MERCURY DRUG CORPORATION for 3 years ,one of the biggest pharmacy in the philippines and worked with ALDRIL PHARMACEUTICAL later for 3 years too.I was with sales and promotion to where ive met my kids dad and im now a mother to a two lovely kids.Erkom Gericho (6) and Ericson geofrey (5).

I abhor people who always find excuses for their short comings and put blame on someone else. Never willing to admit mistakes.

I can say that im an independent person,optimistic and self directed who manage to stay or worked abroad my third and present job.Ive worked in Hong- kong for 2 and a half year but its my sister Leah who encouraged me to come here to Canada.She's in quebec right now.

What made me endure is the feeling of independence.The approachable people around and ofcourse those friends that i make along the way.Homesickness tried to over rule me a lot of times .I always miss my family back home specially my kids, but my ability to adjust easily to a new environment helped me a lot.

Giving the chance to work abroad boosts me morale and strengthens my desire to do morethan the best i can do.It also serves as a constant reminder that if someone puts his/her heart into something,one can achieve it!So for all of you who are contemplating on going up the ladder,start charting your carreer by starting right.Prepare your selves intelectually, psychologically and emotionally.

Its not easy to be far from my family for a while but its worth it, as i'll be applying for my permanent residency here in canada by july this year.Hope to bring my family here the soonest possible time and we'll be together again as one .

12 comments:

Lorena said...

thanks for sharing some of your personal story. you have really achieved a lot which proves that you not only read inspiration you also act on it! it's very encouraging to read of someone like this. you are very courageous. i wish you continued happiness until the day you are reunited in canada with your family!! :)

cedia said...

Eden.. more power to you! And it's almost July. It'll be wonderful!

Chantal said...

Nice to know a bit more about you.....

gulnaz said...

You are such a simple, intelligent positive and focussed person. knowing about you has made me understand your wise quotes, i love visiting your blog, its so inspiring.
wishing u all the best and lots of success and happiness. hope youare reunited with your family soon, it must be hard.

Sidney said...

Leaving his country is difficuly but leaving his family behind (especially young children)must be horrible. Alas this is the story of many Filipinos(as) all around the world.
I hope you manage to bring your family to Canada soon.

mermaid said...

Hey, you're about 2 weeks older than I am. I'm also an Aries. Figures!

Eden, you took a risk, opening yourself like this. I can tell you are brave, and will always point out "the truth" where it needs to be told. Bravo.

Lorena said...

hey 2 weeks before eden's bday is march 14 which is my bday mermaid!! so you must be march 21 or something since you said you're an aries?

eden said...

thanks for the comments and well wishes !

lorena, since im two weeks older than mermaid and 14 is your b-day,i guess you have thesame date of birth as her isnt it?

good day everyone!

Misreflection said...

wishing you all the success eden, nice to know you, you sound like an incredibly positve person and really today I recon thats counts for a lot.Good luck

blackdaisies said...

you are awesome girl :) Wishing you all the best and happiness!!

LadyWhiteSpirit said...

hi eden eyyy pareho tayo aries din ako.hehehe soon magkakasama din kayo ng family.more power and God bless

Pincushion said...

Thank you Eden for droppin by at my blog and letting me discover you :)!
You are an incredibly positive person and a fighter and survivor! I admire your spirit! My best wishes are with you and your family!